- Free Choice of original works and standard arrangements/transcriptions from Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century) and modern repertoire such as pop & jazz are acceptable. The Submitted repertoire is subject to review by the competition officials.
- Participants may play a maximum two contrasting repertoires.
- Participants may repeat the same repertoire from preliminary to Semi-Final. Different repertoire should be played at Grand-Final.
- Selected repertoire must strictly adhere to the time limit stipulated for each category.
- All repeats are generally omitted except for da capo. However, repeats may be played at the discretion of the participants should it enhance the music artistically.
- All works are to be performed from memory.
- Participants are required to provide three sets of music scores for Semi-Final and Grand-Final on the day of the competition.
- Changes of repertoire are not allowed 1 week before the competition.